background

Monday, March 26, 2012

Hats off to all the moms


When I was a little girl, all I wanted was to be a mom. In fact, I used to sing this silly song about having 15 babies and feeding them cake and cookies and giving the yellow balloons. I remember LOVING this song. I had all sorts of baby dolls and stuffed animals that I would play with for hours. All I ever wanted to do was to hurry and get married and have a flock of kiddos. When I was a senior in high school the big question started to pop up every where I went, "What are you going to do after you graduate?" In reality, now looking back, deep down I knew what I wanted to do, I wanted to get married and start having babies. But luckily, that's not what happened. It took me a couple years to find my "prince charming." During that time I learned a lot about myself and what I wanted in life. But one thing remained, that uncontrollable desire to multiply.


And so here I am now, I'm 28 and have three gorgeous children. I love being a mom even though it is way harder than I thought it would be. I am so grateful that I'm able to stay home with my babies to see them grow and learn. I love my kids even more than I used to imagine I would when I was little. They are my world just the way I thought it would be. And, MAN I appreciate my mom so much more now! So I want to take just a minute and take my hat off to all the moms out there. Being a mom is hard. Don't beat yourself up when things don't go the way you thought they would. Tomorrow's another day,  and when you kiss your precious angels at night when you put them in bed, just do what I do and be proud of the fact that you didn't strangle any one today and have a couple Thin Mints to reward yourself.

1 comment: